Tapasya; our old age home is funded by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
Multiservice day care centres for poor senior citizens
We encourage senior citizens from all backgrounds to spend the day at our four multiservice day care centres - interacting, listening to lectures, and sharing their problems.
In addition to the relationships they build, they get food, clothes, medical care, and Rs. 50/- petty cash for daily expenses. Once a year we take them on tours and pilgrimages.
Each of our centres serves 40-50 elders. Our four centres are located at
- Velicham at Keelayanambakkam, serving quarry workers
- Nizhal at Kalyanapuram, serving daily labourers
- Mudhuyugam at Moondru Nagar, serving construction workers
- Santhivanam at Pulicat, serving fishermen
About 50 people come to each centre every day.
Our multiservice day care centres are funded by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
Mobile Medicare Unit
Once every fortnight doctors of our mobile medicare unit diagnose basic ailments of the underprivileged elderly and provide basic treatment, medicines, and referrals. Every year, 400 elders benefit from the mobile medicare services.
This is done at:
- Ambattur (Annai Sathya Nagar, Sathya Nagar, New Anna Nagar, Indira Nagar, and Kalyanapuram)
- Avadi (Thirumullaivoyal, Moondru Nagar and Hanuman Nagar), and
- Thiruverkkadu (Keelayanambakkam)
In addition, twice a week our mobile medicare van takes doctors with essential medicines to less connected parts of Tamil Nadu.
Our Mobile Medicare Units are funded by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others”